Ryan’s Place, a center for grieving children, teens, and their families is currently seeking an outstanding, motivated individual with exceptional therapeutic, organizational, and communications skills to serve as Program Coordinator. The successful candidate will enthusiastically embrace the vision and mission of Ryan’s Place as well as have the flexibility and dedication to be part of a small and hardworking team.
Position: Program Coordinator
Position profile: The Program Coordinator is expected to oversee and direct the programs of Ryan’s Place to meet the goals identified by the CEO, the Program Director and the Board of Directors. The Program Coordinator’s values, beliefs, and vision for agency programs shall be congruent with the mission of Ryan’s Place. The Program Coordinator shall possess a good working knowledge of Ryan’s Place Programs and Grief Programs for children in general, be able to accept direction from the CEO and the Program Director, but be able to function independently to implement programs to meet the needs of all persons to whom Ryan’s Place provides services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage daily programs for clients of Ryan’s Place, Inc. This includes but is not limited to, School Based peer-to-peer support groups, evening support groups, client intake appointments and setting up other support services for Ryan’s Place clients.
- The Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the organization and implementation of Ryan’s Place events and trainings.
- The Program Coordinator will be knowledgeable of the various programs and activities offered to grieving children and families by Ryan’s Place.
- The Program Coordinator will help facilitate communication between Ryan’s Place and the clients and organizations that we serve. Good communication skills and a positive attitude are an important components to this position.
- The Program Coordinator will collaborate and network with DCS, court, schools, health care providers, employers and other community agencies when necessary to best serve our clients.
- Other duties may be assigned at the CEO’s or Program Director’s discretion.
Congruence with Agency Mission:
- The Program Coordinator is expected to know and support the mission of Ryan’s Place in a professional manner.
- The Program Coordinator is expected to maintain client confidentiality of families, volunteers, and professional staff at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work. Experience working with children is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance.
- Must have exceptional organizational and planning skills, including the ability to independently prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve quickly and set enforceable goals.
- Able to maintaining the flexibility to reassess and prioritize goals as new tasks come up and the ability to problem solve quickly.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Laurenne Hamlin at [email protected] by January 22nd 2018. Once we receive your resume we will send you an application to fill out and return to us. Interviews will be scheduled and conducted as we receive applications.