POSITION PROFILE: The Marketing & Events Coordinator provides direct leadership for the development, planning and implementation of all agency special events, including fund-raising events, and shall serve as a liaison between Ryan’s Place and any business or organization wishing to raise money on behalf of Ryan’s Place. The Marketing & Events Coordinator shall assure that all marketing, fund-raising, and community relations efforts are consistent with the mission, philosophy and goals of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan, coordinate and implement all agency special event fund raisers including but not limited to the Gala.
- Assist with the development and coordination of planning committees for special event fund-raisers and serve as a liaison to such committees.
- Work with the President/CEO and any business or organization wishing to raise money on behalf of Ryan’s Place.
- Maintain accurate records of all volunteers involved with special event coordination and/or implementation and provide appropriate and timely recognition and thanks.
- Evaluate all special event fund-raisers and keep accurate records of ideas and suggestions for future implementation.
- Administer day to day posting for Ryan’s Place website and social media accounts including Facebook, and Instagram.
- Assist with other public relations and community relations responsibilities as assigned by the President.
- Having a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Publish newsletters, news releases and other marketing materials.
- Should possess a good working knowledge of the Michiana community – its leaders, funding sources and organizations (both public and private). This position requires an ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.
CONGRUENCE WITH AGENCY MISSION:
- The Marketing & Events Coordinator is expected to know and support the mission of Ryan’s Place in a professional manner.
- The Marketing and Events Coordinator is expected to maintain client confidentiality of families, volunteers, and professional staff at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in communications, business/public administration, marketing, journalism or a closely-related field preferred.
- One or more years of experience in marketing, public relations, fundraising, event coordination, or a closely-related field preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications, organizational skills, and follow-through.
- Some travel required. Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and an available vehicle.
- No evidence of criminal activity involving a dependent or any violent criminal activity.
- Work independently while accepting direction from the President/CEO.
- Others duties as assigned by the President/CEO
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
It is expected that the Marketing & Events Coordinator schedule may vary depending on activities scheduled for any particular week. The Marketing & Events Coordinator will adjust his/her schedule as needed to meet the needs of the organization. This position is currently funded at a fulltime, exempt position.
ORIENTATION AND SUPERVISION:
The President/CEO will provide orientation to the agency including:
- Personnel and other agency Policies and Procedures.
- Additional orientation information to provide the Marketing & Development Coordinator with sufficient knowledge to effective do the job tasks assigned.
- The Marketing & Events Coordinator will report to the President/CEO.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Resumes accepted until Wednesday October 17th or until position has been filled.